Frontaccounting Customer Opening Balances
Frontaccounting(FA) Customer Opening Balances, In frontaccounting many migrated account systems needs to add their current customer balances and their informations. Here in my Code i am already working on the part of Customer opening balances. Hope it will be resulted positive which will be ready to use it. Here is the steps to add your opening balance.
- Login to FA as an administrator.
- Create a Fiscal Year that is one year before the one you created when you started. (So if you started January 1, 2016, create a fiscal year starting January 1, 2015.)
- Set the Company to use this year in Company Setup.
- Check if you have all the same GL accounts in FA as the ones listed on your Balance Sheet from your old accounting system. If they do not all exist in FA, then create them. Also create Bank Accounts for your GL bank accounts and Cash accounts. Write them down so you can easily find them later.
- Go into Journal Entry in Banking and General Ledger. Set the date to be the last of the year (e.g. December 31).
Enter the lines from the Balance Sheet one by one. You should end up with a 0 difference because the debits and credits should equal on your Balance Sheet.
- Save the Journal Entry.
- Set the normal Fiscal Year on the Company again and you are done.
Generally I love to create themes for FrontAccounting, if you are interested to create your own theme contact me for better theming. I am hoping to finish it within few days, Hope I will update it soon.