How to Install LAMP on Freya?. Freya (Elementary OS) is a Linux Operating system, which uses Ubuntu Distributions. So you can install LAMP easily. Just follow the below steps, it will be installed on your machine. And Freya is a light weight OS just like Ubuntu. Let’s begin the steps.
1.Goto your Terminal and type the following command.
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install apache2
This will install Apache2 server on your Freya, than you can check your apache is installed properly or any missing dependencies. just open your browser and `http://localhost/`. if it show a following screen or a message ” it Works”. Than Your Apache is ready to work.
2. Install MySQL in it. Run the following command to install MySQL Server.
sudo apt-get install mysql-server libapache2-mod-auth-mysql php5-mysql
3.Here you need php5 . So run the following command before installing MySQL server.
sudo apt-get install php5 libapache2-mod-php5
4. Check your PHP by using the following command on your terminal
php -r 'echo "\n\nYes its working buddy.\n\n\n";'
If it display `Yes its working buddy`. Than your PHP5 is ready to work.
5. You need to activate MySQL Server After installing it.
6. PHP server Has many Libraries and Dependencies, so we have to check whether the dependency is installed or not.
apt-cache search php5-
7. If you want to install dependencies, Use the following one
sudo apt-get install `name of the module`
8. Incase of troublsehoot, you may need to restart your apache. so use the following command to restart it.
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
That’s it, you can start working with LAMP now. There is one more thing, sometimes, you may not have proper directory permission for `/var/www/`. so Use the follwoing command to provide directory access permission for the work space.
chmod 755 /var/www
If you have any further problem or assistance, leave a comment below.