Point GoDaddy Domain to Amazon EC2
Point GoDaddy Domain to Amazon EC2 is a step job and you have to wait for sometime to take effect. Its depending on your Hosting Provider and their support(This is for other hosting users). For GoDaddy the DNS change will be done within 12 hours. Let’s move to the steps to start doing the procedures to make your domain to point AWS IP and work within it.
- You have to buy a new domain or use a domain which already bought and didn’t use it so far.
- Find your AWS external IP or DNS for your EC2 instance. You probably want to associate an Elastic IP to your instance, otherwise the IP of your instance will change on reboots. So its better to create an Elastic IP for Your Instance and use it. I think its not under Free Tier. The Elastic IP is chargeable, But not sure.
- Goto your Godaddy Hosting and Create a DNS record for your domain, for instance a CNAME record to point to your Elastic IP/DNS name or Create A Record for the new domain to point Elastic IP Address And for the changes you have to wait for more than 10 hours to see the changes.
- Now, goto your AWS through filezilla or winscp and open
/etc/apache2. Here you can find
apache2.conf. And move to find the directories and its access roles. You have to find this one
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
Require all granted
- And append the below code just below this codes.
<VirtualHost *:80> ServerName example.com ServerAdmin email@example.com DocumentRoot /var/www/example.com <Directory /var/www/example.com> Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews AllowOverride All Order allow,deny allow from all </Directory> ErrorLog /var/log/apache2/example.com.error.log LogLevel warn CustomLog /var/log/apache2/example.com.access.log combined </VirtualHost>
6. Restart Apache
sudo service apache2 restart
I Hope this will get you results. If you have problem it might be the hosting DNS Records, Please backup other DNS Records make a backup and remove those things. it will work for you.
For other hosting providers sometimes it has more things, Depending on the server configurations it will vary.
If you like my article and want to receive more updates from me. just follow me on below listed socials and subscribe me for further and future updates.